Golf Buggy Safe Working Practice
The use of buggies on Ryton Golf Club's grounds
– All golf buggy operators must not be under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs
– Never allow children to drive the ride-on buggy
- No buggies can be taken without the permission of the Pro Shop / Office.
– Golf Buggies can only be used for the number of occupants they are designed to carry
– Do not move off until occupants are seated
– Always remain seated and hold on while the vehicle is in motion
– Hands, feet and head must be kept inside the buggy at all times while the vehicle is in motion
– Ride-on buggies must not be driven in prohibited areas
– The vehicle must be used to progress the game and and must not be driven up and down excessively, e.g. when looking for golf balls
– The vehicle must not be used on tees, greens or the slopes leading up to them
– The vehicle must not be used within 2 metres of any bunkers, ditches or ponds or slopes leading to them.
– -Check the area behind the vehicle before reversing
– Set the parking brake before leaving the vehicle
– Always consider the terrain, existing vehicular and pedestrian traffic conditions as well as environmental factors that may affect your ability to operate the vehicle safely
– Drive the vehicle only as fast as the terrain and safety considerations allow
– To avoid tipping over, drive the vehicle straight up and down severe slopes
– Slow down before corners
– All turns must be executed at reduced speeds
– Avoid sudden stops or changes of direction that may result in loss of control
– Be extra careful when the course is wet and muddy
When the vehicle is left unattended, turn the key to the off position, remove the key and engage the parking brake
Please remember to return the key either to the Pro Shop or placed behind the bar.