Well that's it! Its all over bar the shouting! It's been emotional!
Another season is drawing to it's conclusion and what a good season it has been (except for the fire!). Now we have got white leaves, cold and damp days, early dark nights, winter tees and greens, no significant comps, crazy handicap alterations, mats, very little carry on our drives, a new winter card............ hold on a second........... I actually quite like the winter.................. and with an all new winter card it sounds like a challenge to me! C'mon bring it on!
However before all that there is a little matter of September. With an Indian summer (hopefully) on the cards October will be fine too I have no doubt.
The highlights of the season for me so far (remembering I am in the final of the Barthorpe this weekend) have been:-
- Shaun Embleton becoming a "Double Club Champion". Unbelievable!
- Winning the "Field Day" best net at Slaley Hall GC and Matt Turton winning the individual net! Magnificent!
- The Captain v Vice "A Little Bit Like Ryder Cup" Competition. Marvelous!
- The teams! We should celebrate and be proud of them this year. They have had been managed incredibly well by Capt Geo, Vice Mike and the incredible Matt "Carver" Turton. They represented us with pride and passion. I salute you all boys! Tremendous!
- The Ladies' Sivewright team won the northern part of the Durham League and by a small margin missed out on winning the League trophy outright. They came second and will receive their trophy at the AGM of the Durham Ladies Union. Wonderful!
- Winning the Peart Trophy yet again from the "Aulde Enemy" Tyneside GC. Quality!
- Jack Vincent helping Durham retain the Srixon JGT Trophy at Caris Green GC. Exceptional!
I am sure I have missed something out and will be reminded and I will of course add it!
I look forward to Novembers presentation evening. Always a great celebration and this year I have no doubt will be no exception.
Then it's Xmas. 105 sleeps to go! No doubt the Xmas adverts will be on TV soon! Yawn!